As an integrated part of your home security system, affordable video surveillance cameras offer you another line of defense against crime.
Security cameras let you to monitor the interior and outside of your home all in real-time, day or night. You can access the live video feed from any computer in your home and on your smartphone or tablet. You can even go back in time and look at a video feed from last night, last week or last month!
With all that power is is important to know the proper placement of security cameras is essential to your home protection.
Here are five of the best places to install cameras on your property:
1. Front Door: Placing a camera on your front door is definitely a good idea to protect against break-ins. A camera in this location may help catch a thief attempting to steal your packages or mail. You can also see who’s ringing your bell before you open the door.
2. Back Door: The back door is another common place where break-ins occur.You should install these cameras in plain view. This will show that your home is well protected and help deter potential burglars.
3. Living Room: Hiding a surveillance camera in the living room will allow you to monitor the heart of your home. This is a great option if you have people frequently working in your home, such as house cleaners or babysitters. You may want to opt for a smaller camera that you can easily hide anywhere in the room.
4. Garage: Burglars love garages because you keep so many goodies in them–bikes, tools, lawnmowers, not to mention your vehicle. This is stuff that can be sold quickly. Install a surveillance camera that has a good view of your garage and driveway, and ensure that it’s visible.
5. Backyard: A surveillance camera with combined with night-vision functionality will give you a clear view of your backyard, even in the dark. This is really important if you have a large yard, or if you keep expensive equipment stored in a shed on the property.
Taking the extra time map out the best locations for your cameras will make a big difference in your overall security.
Have questions about how a security camera system can help make your home safer? Give us a call today! We would be happy to come out and chat about options. Contact us today!